Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM Pages movement which are in MSM - Recommendations

Level 3

We are in process of migrating site to AEM. We are trying to figure  out the content (pages) structure in AEM and below is the multi site structure we are planning:

(Global International Core - Language Masters) - Blue Print

/content/LanguageMaster/internation_core/Products/tv

/washingmachine

/refrigerator.  

(Live copy from global international core -Language master) 

/content/LanguageMaster/en_us/Products/tv

/washingmachine

/refrigerator

(Live copy from Language Master/en_us)

/content/Sits/us/en_us/Products/tv

/washingmachine

/refrigerator

The Initial structure will be something like this, but In future there is plan to organise the pages in more specific where we have to introduce more levels in between or might need to move pages from one level to another and should be roll out across all.

I’ve tested below use case on AEM 6.5 + Service Pack 9:

Moved the page on Internation_core level (which is initial source of content) , the moment I moved source page using OOTB Move option from sites, a cq:LiveSyncConfig Node is created under /jcr:content of target page (in Live copy) and q:master & ca:moveTarget properties got added where we can see info of moved master path. 

Will there be problem of having additional cq:LiveSyncConfig nodes under target incase of source page movement?  Any performance issues due to additional cq:LiveSyncConfig nodes under Live copy level ? 

Is it advisable to move pages to introduce new categorisation which is already rolled out to multiple locales? 

Any issues with SEO side?

Looking for recommendations if any one has similar use cases in production? 

thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @SonuR1 ,

Yes we don't have any issues while restructuring MSM but some times we got msm_moved issue faced.

Regards,

Sanjay

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

In my opinion- I don't see any issue with respect to movement causing any issue.

But for proper structuring do refer weretail or wknd site structure for locales and all-

Ankur_Khare_0-1634563648929.png

Level 3

Thanks for the reply Ankur, Technically I don't see any challenges in moving but was thought of checking if any one has similar uses case on production so that we will come to know the challenges/limitations upfront and plan accordingly. 

Community Advisor

I have used MSM heavily in one of our projects thats why i don't feel any issue.

FYI The pages we rolled out were more than 5- 10 k.

Community Advisor

The below link might be interesting to you and give some idea on content restructure: 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/administering/introduction/msm-best-pr... 

SivaPrasadReddyS_0-1634564384329.png

Also, it would be good to check on URLs redirection and retaining SEO ranking when you plan to move pages which are already in live.

Thanks

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @SonuR1 ,

Yes we don't have any issues while restructuring MSM but some times we got msm_moved issue faced.

Regards,

Sanjay

Level 3

Hi Sanjay,

Thanks for reply, which version of AEM were you using?