Expand my Community achievements bar.

AEM page properties dialog not showing the tabs for author users

Level 1

In the AEM page trying to add a new tab for the page properties dialog. The new added elements are showing and those are working fine when I logged in as a administrator, but when I logged in a authoring user, in the page properties the newly added tab is showing as empty. Tried all other alternatives and checked the permissions too. Any help on this is really appreciated.

7 Replies

Level 8

Make sure the name of the tab isn't "config" - there is a permission in effect that makes contributors unable to read it - you can either rename the node, or remove the contributor role from "author" (my preferred approach is the latter, because OOTB they name some nodes "config" even though they block it, not sure why)

Administrator

Hi 

Please try what Lee has suggested. Else you could try this community article:- http://experience-aem.blogspot.in/2013/09/custom-page-properties-dialog.html

I hope this will work for you.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni

Level 2

Hi,

I too got the same issue with Touch UI page properties. It is not allowing the authors to edit the custom tab page properties. I tried the solutions provided in this chain, but no luck with them. Pleas help me to fix this issue.

Thanks,

Syam

Level 2

This issue has been resolved after giving the read permission to content-authors group for /etc/cloudservices.

Administrator

As mentioned by Syamsundar, read permission on /etc/cloudservices would help you.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni

Level 1

This issue appeared after upgrading to 6.5 and is not fixed by setting read permission to content-authors group for /etc/cloudservices.  
Can somebody let us know how to fix this on 6.5