Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

AEM Online Back up -- Issue with AEM back up console

Level 2

Hi,

When we are doing the online back up using Back up feature provided in AEM, While back up is happening Back Up Progress bar ,Cancel Icon and Back up progress related information is not displaying on the screen. This issue we are facing in all our environments.

We can not see any log info logging related to this, can you please advise on what would be causing the issue.

Thanks,

Madhu

5 Replies

Administrator

A similar issue is already opened internally. I would request you to create a support ticket for this.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 7

Hi Madhu,

Which version of AEM you are using and which browser you are using for taking backup. I have tested on aem 6.3 with chrome browser and it is working fine. Make sure you have access to current folder. also could you please Check for error log and paste it over here.

For example in below screen shot it will create a temp folder backup.1ba3.temp at this path C:\Ankur\AEM-Practice.

backup.JPG

Level 10

Hi,

If your target does not have ".zip" , it won't appear in backup admin screen (bug in product)

But you can track the progress from JMX console

http://localhost:4502/system/console/jmx/com.adobe.granite%3Atype%3DRepository

BackupProgress, BackupWasSuccessful, BackupResult should give some details.

1332030_pastedImage_5.png

Thanks

Administrator

Adding to what Praveen mentioned:-

An alternate way to figure out the progress of the backup is to look at the JMX console. If you look at the Repository MBean, you can find out if a backup is in progress, what its status is and the current backup Target: http://localhost:4502/system/console/jmx/com.adobe.granite%3Atype%3DRepository

Kautuk Sahni

Level 4

How to track down how much total time taken to take backup ?

Actually we don't to do the backup and revision cleanup at the same time.So we need to know how much time backup takes.FYI,we are using aem6.4 and want to make backup process automated.