Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

AEM mobile apps - how to specify the Content Update Server URL in project config?

Level 2

I am trying to specify the value for the the Content Update Server URL setting described here in the project config. At the moment I have to manually change it through the AEM web interface after building and deploying the app to my AEM publisher instance. Is there a way to specify this in a config file, e.g. the main Phonegap config.xml?

4 Replies

Administrator

Please reach out AEM mobile[1] forums to have better experts have look at this questions. This is forum is related to AEM sites.

[1]https://forums.adobe.com/community/experiencemanagermobile

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 2

kautuksahni wrote...

Please reach out AEM mobile[1] forums to have better experts have look at this questions. This is forum is related to AEM sites.

[1]https://forums.adobe.com/community/experiencemanagermobile

~kautuk

Good point, I'll try that, thanks.

Level 2

Hi, Benito.

It is not exactly what you asked and I don't know how different AEM mobile is from AEM apps, but it may help you:

For AEM Apps (AEM 6.0 and AEM 6.1), that stored Content Update Server URL as a property of the shell node, we usually created an OSGI service component (immediate = true) that hold a property called publishServerUrl. In the activation of this component, we used the value stored in the publishServerUrl property to change the corresponding property in the shell node.

This way we were able to have a different Content Update Server URL for each one of our AEM instances and changing the publishServerUrl through the OSGI configuration console caused an immediate update of the shell node.

Regards,

Daniel. 

Daniel Henrique Alves Lima wrote...

Hi, Benito.

It is not exactly what you asked and I don't know how different AEM mobile is from AEM apps, but it may help you:

For AEM Apps (AEM 6.0 and AEM 6.1), that stored Content Update Server URL as a property of the shell node, we usually created an OSGI service component (immediate = true) that hold a property called publishServerUrl. In the activation of this component, we used the value stored in the publishServerUrl property to change the corresponding property in the shell node.

This way we were able to have a different Content Update Server URL for each one of our AEM instances and changing the publishServerUrl through the OSGI configuration console caused an immediate update of the shell node.

Regards,

Daniel. 

I'll look into that approach, thanks!