Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

AEM Migration Issue

Level 4

Hi,

After Upgrading AEM from 5.56 to 6.2 on tarmk based structure.

I followed following docs:-https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-2/deploy/upgrade.html and done that step:-

1) In CQ-Author:

1.0). run the following command : java -jar CQ-Author.jar , after successfully up, stop the instance

1.1).  In C:\Connect\CQ\CQ-Author\crx-quickstart\repository\repository.xml file change  the following line:

<param name="trust_credentials_attribute" value="trusted-credentials"/> to <!-- param name="trust_credentials_attribute" value="trusted-credentials"/ -->

1.2).  Place the aem-quickstart-6.2 jar file parallel to CQ-Author.jar file.

1.3). Run the following command:

a). java -jar aem-quickstart-6.2.jar -unpack

b). java -jar aem-quickstart-6.2.jar -v -x crx2oak

c).  java -jar aem-quickstart-6.2.jar -v -x crx2oak

under crx-quickstart/install ,you need to edit file named as org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.blob.datastore.FileDataStore.cfg such as  path=./crx-quickstart/repository/repository/datastore

d). java -Xmx4096m -XX:MaxPermSize=2048 -jar aem-quickstart.-6.2.jar -v -x crx2oak -xargs  -- -o migrate

3). Now run the jar in author mode and following parameter: -r author,crx3,crx3tar

And it successfully up.

Now, I want to migrate to mongodb and perform the following step:-

1). java -jar "C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\r1\CQ-Author\CQ-Author\crx-quickstart\opt\extensions\crx2oak.jar"  crx-quickstart/repository mongodb://localhost:27017/db_name

2) java -jar cq-quickstart-6.2.0.jar -r crx3,crx3mongo,author -Doak.mongo.uri=mongodb://localhost:27017 -Doak.mongo.db=db_name

Problem:

1) it starts with fresh (new) repository.

2). if i take fresh jar and licence and run with following command: java -jar cq-quickstart-6.2.0.jar -r crx3,crx3mongo,author -Doak.mongo.uri=mongodb://localhost:27017 -Doak.mongo.db=db_name

It give HTTP 404 error and sometime it run but username and password not match error shown when trying to log by(admin/admin ) credential.

Any suggestion? Need Help plz

Thanks

3 Replies

Level 10

I am looking internally to see if this issue been seen before. 

Level 1

Your best option is to stand up a FRESH install using 6.2 with Mongo and then migrate your content/code to this instance.  I would never recommend "switching" a tar based repo to a mongo one as it'll likely have a lot of legacy baggage.

Level 4

brace01 wrote...

Your best option is to stand up a FRESH install using 6.2 with Mongo and then migrate your content/code to this instance.  I would never recommend "switching" a tar based repo to a mongo one as it'll likely have a lot of legacy baggage.

I can't do that as in AEM 5.56, Thousands of microsites (data) is in repository.  I have only one that option.