Expand my Community achievements bar.

AEM Localhost:4502 ERROR - NOT ABLE TO OPEN LOCALLY ON BROWSER.

Level 1

Hello Everyone. 

I was using AEM 6.5 for about more than 2 months. It was working fine until today.  I am not able to launch/open aem-quickstart-4502.jar like I used to open it. When I double click the jar file   ----> It should load the .jar file for about 5 to 10 seconds and then automatically open in a browser with localhost:4502. It is loading as expected and I am not able to open with my browser ( on localhost:4502 locally). 

I am able to open publish -> which is localhost:4503.

Also, I am able to open my author Instance on 8080 where my projects are not installed. ( I have used 4502 to install all my projects)

Possible reasons : 1) I have renamed my .jar file from crx-author-4502.jar to aem-author-4502.jar

2) I have did some synchronization in Brackets application. 

I have no idea how my localhost:4502 is not working and not opening in browser. Browser says "Cannot reach this page"

It is not due to proxy because I am able to open localhost:8080 (author)  and also localhost:4503 (publish)

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Community Advisor

Hi @Akashreddy29 ,

Try to check the port number for author instance is set to 4502 in setup.bat file at <your jar folder>\crx-quickstart\bin\start.bat  if it is fine try running the AEM by double clicking on start.bat file now it will run the instance on port no: 4502. 

Or you can change the port of running instance using Apache Felix Jetty Http Service Config shown as below:

santhosh_kumark_0-1601580138058.png

Regards,

Santosh