Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

AEM IntelliJ Debug Error:osgi: [sourcedcode.core] Classes found in the wrong directory: {META-INF/versions/9/javax/xml/bind/ModuleUtil.class=javax.xml.bind.ModuleUtil} | AEM Community Blog Seeding

kautuk_sahni
Employee
Employee

BlogImage.jpg

AEM IntelliJ Debug Error:osgi: [sourcedcode.core] Classes found in the wrong directory: {META-INF/ve... by SourceCode

Abstract

Writing unit tests for AEM Backend code on IntelliJ can sometimes be challenging; mocking objects, initializing OSGI components, etc… It’s most beneficial when we can write unit tests utilizing the JUnit debug feature on IntelliJ.

While trying to debug code in JUnit, I was getting an error of

Error:osgi: [sourcedcode.core] Classes found in the wrong directory: {META-INF/versions/9/javax/xml/bind/ModuleUtil.class=javax.xml.bind.ModuleUtil}
Digging through the internet, I have found a solution.

There’s a solution online, https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-5592

Personally, there’s a lot of conversation happening in the post, to offload the confusion for you, I will provide you instructions on how you can solve the problem here.

Step 1
From the core/pom.xml, find the plugin, groupId:org.apache.felix && artifactId:maven-bundle-plugin. Making sure you add _fixupmessages into the instructions XML configuration.

Your configuration should look like below. Add line:9, <_fixupmessages>”Classes found in the wrong directory”;is:=warning</_fixupmessages>

org.apache.felix
maven-bundle-plugin
true

<_fixupmessages>"Classes found in the wrong directory";is:=warning</_fixupmessages>

Read Full Blog

AEM IntelliJ Debug Error:osgi: [sourcedcode.core] Classes found in the wrong directory: {META-INF/ve...

Q&A

Please use this thread to ask the related questions.

0 Replies