Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM : integration

Level 1

Hi Friends,

Any assistance in clarifying the following use case will be highly appreciated:

Considering a scenario where an AEM platform is integrated with one or many external integrations. As part of a new requirement, some changes are done on the author. So how do you ensure all the existing integrations on the live site are working as expected when the new changes are published from Author.

Thanks in Advance !

Amit

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Amit

As part of a new requirement - When a new requirement comes, make sure to do enough requirement gathering and analysis to make sure which all modules need the changes. Once you analyse this, it will be easy for you to understand , which all integrations are present for that module and if that will be affected at all.

Most importantly, make sure to do a POC if the requirement is something really new and you are not sure how this is going to affect any other integrated systems.

As kautuksahni​ said, it is difficult to help you more on this vaguely. Above said was my suggestion and approach I may take when I face any such situation

Thanks

Veena

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 7

- What kind of integrations are you referring to here.

- Changes in author are just content changes, right?

Administrator

There can be many ways AEM can be integrated with 3rd party systems and that too covering many different use-cases.

Can you please explain a bit, what type of integrations are you referring here and how that integration has been done? Otherwise, it would be very difficult to help you out here.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Amit

As part of a new requirement - When a new requirement comes, make sure to do enough requirement gathering and analysis to make sure which all modules need the changes. Once you analyse this, it will be easy for you to understand , which all integrations are present for that module and if that will be affected at all.

Most importantly, make sure to do a POC if the requirement is something really new and you are not sure how this is going to affect any other integrated systems.

As kautuksahni​ said, it is difficult to help you more on this vaguely. Above said was my suggestion and approach I may take when I face any such situation

Thanks

Veena