Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM integration with Adobe Analytics - not working/tracking in Publisher

Level 4

Hi,

We have integrated AEM with Adobe Analytics. The integration is working in author instance and we are able to capture the tracking information when we access a page(say /content/en/sample)  using Adobe DigitalPulse Debugger tool.

The configuration and pages are published/installed in publisher instance successfully.

But the same integration is not working in publisher instance and tracking is not happening.

When we access the page enabled for tracking in publisher, we can see the below required analytics scripts loaded.

<script type="text/javascript" src="/etc/clientlibs/foundation/sitecatalyst/sitecatalyst.min.js"></script>
 <script type="text/javascript" src="/etc/clientlibs/foundation/sitecatalyst/util.min.js"></script>
 <script type="text/javascript" src="/content/sample/dfssdsdsds991232cdfd9991/pdf/_jcr_content/analytics.sitecatalyst.js"></script>
 <script type="text/javascript" src="/etc/clientlibs/foundation/sitecatalyst/plugins.min.js"></script>

And below the above script tags, we can see inline analytics script which maps cq variables to site catalyst variables.

CQ_Analytics.Sitecatalyst.updateEvars = function(options) {
     this.frameworkMappings = [];

// code for mapping cq variables to sc variables

for (var i=0; i<this.frameworkMappings.length; i++){
   var m = this.frameworkMappings[i];
   if (!options || options.compatibility || (options.componentPath == m.resourceType)) {
    CQ_Analytics.Sitecatalyst.setEvar(m);
   }
     }
 }

But tracking is not happening. In Browser console we can see below JAVASCRIPT errors

Uncaught ReferenceError: CQ_Analytics is not defined

Please let us know, any other specific configuration is required in Publisher instance.

Regards

Sreeni

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi 

We still have same documentation for 6.1.

Link:- https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-1/develop/extending/sitecatalyst/sc-components.html

//

The clientcontext script that you insert after the body element adds the Client Context features to the page.

The cloudservices script that you add before the body end element applies to the cloud services configurations that are added to the page. (If the page uses more than one Cloud Services configuration, you need to include the ClientContext jsp and the Cloud Services jsp only once.)

I hope this would help you.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Have you setup the exact Cloud Configuration on the Pub instance that you have on Author instance. Make sure that you have both instances setup the same way. 

Administrator

Hi 

Quick try can be done to check if things works:-

1. https://docs.adobe.com/content/docs/en/cq/5-6-1/administering/integrating_with_adobe_marketing_cloud...

//

For the Report Suite ID (RSID) that you are using, you can control which server instances (author, publish, or both) contribute data to the Report Suite:

• All: Information from both the author and the publish instance populates the Report Suite.
  • Author: Only information from the author instance populates the Report Suite.
  • Publish: Only information from the publish instance populates the Report Suite.

2. Troubleshooting :- https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/kb/sitecatalystintegrationtroubleshooting.html

I hope this would help. And yes as mentioned by Scott, Make sure that you have both instances setup the same way.

I hope this would come as some help to you.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni

Level 4

Thanks for your quick reply!!

Now AEM integration with Adobe Analytics is successful and tracking is happening in all the pages (parent/child) both in author and publisher with the inclusion of the below scripts in our base component body.html

<div data-sly-resource="${ @path='clientcontext', resourceType='cq/personalization/components/clientcontext'}"> </div>
<div data-sly-resource="${ @path='cloudservices', resourceType='cq/cloudserviceconfigs/components/servicecomponents'}"> </div>

Only the AEM 5.6 documentation(https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/cq/5-6/administering/integrating_with_adobe_marketing_cloud/sitecatal... ) suggests to include these scripts, not  AEM 6 and 6.1.

Please let us know the side effects of including them in AEM 6 and also explain the need of these scripts and any alternative.

Thanks in Advance
Sreeni

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi 

We still have same documentation for 6.1.

Link:- https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-1/develop/extending/sitecatalyst/sc-components.html

//

The clientcontext script that you insert after the body element adds the Client Context features to the page.

The cloudservices script that you add before the body end element applies to the cloud services configurations that are added to the page. (If the page uses more than one Cloud Services configuration, you need to include the ClientContext jsp and the Cloud Services jsp only once.)

I hope this would help you.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni