Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM Import and Export Bundle

Level 2

Hi,

Can someone explain to me what changes need to be made in a maven project so that we can import and export bundles.

Let's say I have a bundle - com.abc

I want to use some classes of the abc bundle in a different bundle - com.pqr

So I will need to export the com.abc bundle (maybe by modifying the pom file) and also import the bundle in com.pqr (by importing the abc bundle in pom file).

What exactly are the changes I need to make to the pom file in order to do this? I see that there is option to add dependency in the file but also to import a package so I am really confused. Some help here on what to do in the pom file would be very much appreciated.
Thanks.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee
4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @sg08 

You need to understand the concept of the Bundle Resolution Rule in OSGi.This is very well explained in this link.

https://blog.christianposta.com/osgi/understanding-how-osgi-bundles-get-resolved-part-i/

Regards,

Arpit Varshney

Level 2
Thank you for sending the link. Will read it.

Correct answer by
Employee

Employee

Your bundle should be exporting the class which can be consumed by other bundles. if you use the @service annotation, it will expose your class as a OSGI service