Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM Email Start Point

Level 4

In AEM JEE there is an email start point to read incoming emails from a specified email address and process these emails and/or attachments accordingly. Any have an idea of the OSGI equivalent of this?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Eric_Stricker, AEM does not have a receiving email inbox in the platform itself, so you would need to find an alternative strategy to satisfy your requirements. In outlook 365, you can set up workflows to invoke HTTP requests whenever your inbox receives an email. The HTTP request can be made to your AEM instance with the payload as JSON where that can be there starting point of your custom process. The HTTP request path is also a servlet that will be registered by your AEM application, which will be created by yourself. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Eric_Stricker, AEM does not have a receiving email inbox in the platform itself, so you would need to find an alternative strategy to satisfy your requirements. In outlook 365, you can set up workflows to invoke HTTP requests whenever your inbox receives an email. The HTTP request can be made to your AEM instance with the payload as JSON where that can be there starting point of your custom process. The HTTP request path is also a servlet that will be registered by your AEM application, which will be created by yourself. 

Level 4
Thanks. Its not what I was looking for, but at least I now know to look into other solutions such as building my own jar (using javax.mail.*) and services. The client in this case is not using office365 so this will not be an option.