Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM Eclipse PlugIn: cq:editConfig gets deleted on auto publish

Level 2

Hi,

we are using the AEM-Eclipse-Plugin to deploy automatically into AEM if a file changes. This setup works fine so far, but we have still a problem when deploying components:

- There is a component with the following files and structure:
       /apps/foo/components/bar
           |- cq:dialog
           |- cq:editConfig
           |- bar.html
 - Now change the file "bar.html" and save (auto publishing is enabled) the changes get deployed:
       [26. Januar 2015 06:04:06 MEZ] AddOrUpdateNodeCommand -> /apps/foo/components/bar : JcrResult[ success:true] (112 ms)
       [26. Januar 2015 06:04:06 MEZ] AddOrUpdateNodeCommand -> /apps/foo/components/bar/bar.html : JcrResult[ success:true] (95 ms)
       [26. Januar 2015 06:04:06 MEZ] ReorderChildNodesCommand -> /apps/foo/components/bar/bar.html : JcrResult[ success:true] (68 ms)

The problem is that this deployment not just updates the "bar.html" file in the repository but also deletes the "cq:editConfig". My filter.xml looks something like
    <filter root="/apps/foo/components" />

Our maven build also uses the same filter.xml and has no such problems. Any ideas what we are doing wrong here?

I am working on Windows 7 and Eclipse Luna with:
 - AEM IDE Tools: UI-Extensions    1.0.2    com.adobe.granite.ide.eclipse-ui    ADOBE
 - Sling IDE Tools    1.0.4    org.apache.sling.ide.feature.feature.group    The Apache Foundation
 - Sling IDE Tools, M2e-based    1.0.4    org.apache.sling.ide.m2e-feature.feature.group    The Apache Foundation

Regards,

Andreas

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

This appears to be a bug in the Eclipse plug-in the you are using. This is a 3rd party plug-in - not an Adobe plug-in. Therefore - i cannot ask you to file a bug. 

Instead - I recommend using vault from the command line to upload your HTML/JSP files after you modify them in Eclipse. Here is an example. 

Assume this is your working directory on your machine:

[img]pic1.png[/img]

Next assume that you make a change to hero.jsp and save it in Eclipse. To get this into AEM JCR -- start the command line. From the command line - go to the working directory. Ie:

C:\AdobeCQ\echoprojecteclipse\content\src\main\content\jcr_root\apps\nook\components\content\hero

Run this vault command:

vlt --credentials admin:admin ci hero.jsp

This uploads the change you made in Eclipse successfully -- as shown here:

[img]commandline.png[/img]

Now the change is made and /apps/nook/components/content/hero/cq:editConfig is still there.

[img]crxde22.png[/img]

See this topic for more info about vlt commands:

http://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/crx/current/how_to/how_to_use_the_vlttool.html

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 10

IN the AEM repository - make sure that you have the node cq:editConfig. When the system updates from Eclipse to AEM JCR, it will not delete cq:editConfig if it's there before the update is made. The only way I can see the system deleting cq:editConfig is if it's NOT present in the AEM JCR. 

Level 2

Thanks for your answer, but that's exactly what's happening. The node is there in Eclipse but it gets deleted if the deployment happens.

For further clarification:

1. The node is there in Eclipse AND JCR
  2. I change the file bar.html
  3. The cq:editConfig-node is still there in Eclipse but gets deleted in JCR

Level 10

I am going to try and reduplicate this functionality. It may be a bug. 

Level 10

I have a project that uses this node - as shown here:

[img]PicAA.png[/img]

I have synced this project into Eclipse using the Eclipse plug-in:

[img]PicA.png[/img]

As you can see this is working on AEM 6. cq:editConfig is present in both Eclipse and the AEM JCR. 

What CQ version are you using? 

Level 2

Hi,

please find attached a sample project (just change the file extension from "png" to "zip"). With the following steps I am able to reproduce the issue.

My Setup:

• AEM6.0SP1
  • Eclipse Luna 4.4.1
  • AEM IDE Tools: UI-Extensions    1.0.2    com.adobe.granite.ide.eclipse-ui    ADOBE
  • Sling IDE Tools    1.0.4    org.apache.sling.ide.feature.feature.group    The Apache Foundation
  • Sling IDE Tools, M2e-based    1.0.4    org.apache.sling.ide.m2e-feature.feature.group    The Apache Foundation
  • AEM-Server configured and connected in the Eclipse "Servers"-Tab

What I am doing:

1. Import -> Existing Maven Projects -> select projects pom and import
  2. right click on the project -> Configure -> Convert to Content Project -> select "src/main/content" as sync root location
  3. right click on the server -> Add or Remove -> add com.testeclipseplugin
  4. right click on the source folder (Project Explorer View) "src/main/content/jcr_root" -> Export to server

Result: the nodes will be created in the repository but the "cq:editConfig" node is missing.

Regards,

Andreas

Correct answer by
Level 10

This appears to be a bug in the Eclipse plug-in the you are using. This is a 3rd party plug-in - not an Adobe plug-in. Therefore - i cannot ask you to file a bug. 

Instead - I recommend using vault from the command line to upload your HTML/JSP files after you modify them in Eclipse. Here is an example. 

Assume this is your working directory on your machine:

[img]pic1.png[/img]

Next assume that you make a change to hero.jsp and save it in Eclipse. To get this into AEM JCR -- start the command line. From the command line - go to the working directory. Ie:

C:\AdobeCQ\echoprojecteclipse\content\src\main\content\jcr_root\apps\nook\components\content\hero

Run this vault command:

vlt --credentials admin:admin ci hero.jsp

This uploads the change you made in Eclipse successfully -- as shown here:

[img]commandline.png[/img]

Now the change is made and /apps/nook/components/content/hero/cq:editConfig is still there.

[img]crxde22.png[/img]

See this topic for more info about vlt commands:

http://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/crx/current/how_to/how_to_use_the_vlttool.html

Level 2

Thank you for the suggestion. In the meantime I found out, that this is a known issue here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-4098

The fix will probably be included in the next release.

Level 1

Adding /* to the end of my path string solved this problem for me.

<filter root="/apps/foo/components/*" />