Expand my Community achievements bar.

AEM | dispatcher | caching

Community Advisor

Hi, 

As we should not connect to dispatcher from author and publish, we are not using the general caching mechanism to cache the AEM forms. So we are using enableTTL option to cache the content from some point of time. 

but the problem here as , through this option we can able to cache (able to create .ttl file )html, jss, cs files which are getting invalidated as per the time we configured. but when it comes to Images and External Json files which are getting cached but not creating .ttl file so its not getting invalidated. 

after the investigation we found that, when the assets gets uploaded , it will processed through the workflow and it will create the renditions folder and create the thumbnail and original file under to it. 

if i try to access the image file as 

http://www.localhost.com/content/dam/test/bg-pb-contact_us_sky.jpg -> getting cached but not creating the ..ttl file

http://www.localhost.com/content/dam/test/bg-pb-contact_us_sky.jpg/jcr:content/renditions/original -> getting cached and able to create .ttl file. 

it means i need to access the full file path then only it is creating the .ttl file , but when it comes to reality we cannot call the originalfile. 

So any idea, how we can resolve this.

Thanks,
Siva
2 Replies

Employee Advisor

@SivakumarKanoori 

I have couple of questions:

1. Is this happening for a few particular images or for all

2. Also, can you please check if the original image is being cached or a Folder is being created with Image name that contains the Renditions

A screenshot of Dispatcher cache will be helpful.

Community Advisor

@krati_garg :

Thanks for your response . Please find my response below.

1. Is this happening for a few particular images or for all - all images 

2. Also, can you please check if the original image is being cached or a Folder is being created with Image name that contains the Renditions- its creating /content/dam/test/bg-pb-contact_us_sky.jpg jpg file not the folder.

KMSivakumar_0-1676439230064.png

Thanks,
Siva