Expand my Community achievements bar.

AEM developer Tool plugin project can not resolve global.jsp

Level 1

Hi,

Working on AEM 6, setting up a Maven project in Eclipse-Luna using the AEM Developers Tool plugin. Once I create a archetype7, multiple module project, it shows an error and a few warnings in one the project "ui.apps",

[img]error.png[/img]

Further, when I import project from svn, eclipse  can not resolve the include "/libs/foundation/global.jsp" in my JSPs. I already tried the below actions but nothing helped me.

• copied the global.jsp to my project folder. Now it identifies the global .jsp but can not identify other cq/sling libraries which is referenced in global.jsp  (reverted back)
  • copied all the /lib contents from AEM to eclipse project under and referenced in META-INF/vault/filter.xml . This did not work.  (reverted back)
  • exported the jar files from AEM (/libs/sling/install, /libs/cq/commons/install)in a local folder and set the folder in the project build path. This also did not resolve the issue. (reverted back)
  • Some web-discussion suggested to set the project facets runtime. I set it to Adobe Experience Manager server. Nothing happened.

However, these were the solutions for the Maven projects used to be created before AEM developers tool released. Though, I tried. With the developer tool plugin everything should have been resolved on its own.

Letting you all know about the platform/environment on my system.

Java version: java version "1.7.0_72"
                        Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_72-b14)
                        Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.72-b04, mixed mode)

, Eclipse-Luna SR2, AEM Develper Tool 1.0.4  with Sling IDe Tools, M2e-based 1.0.6,

Maven 3.0.5. all running on Windows 7.

Few stats from the eclipse;

• [img]2.png[/img]
  • [img]3.png[/img]
  • [img]4.png[/img]
  • [img]5.png[/img]
  • [img]6.png[/img]

One last thing I would like to share, when I compared all my setup with my teammate who is clean with his setup, I saw there is only one difference, which is in parent pom.xml, he has the servlet-api version showing 2.4 and mine is showing 2.5 . Necessary to mention here that he did not modify anything by himself and created the project using AEM Developer tool only.

Kindly help me with the solutions appropriate and also correct me in case my setup looks faulty.

Thanks,

DS

0 Replies