Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

AEM Desktop connection lost while processing "Thumbs.db" file

Level 2

I get an issue with AEM Companion/Desktop App. On Windows, when I try to copy a folder from a file system to the Dam, I lose the connection if a Thumbs.db file is accessed. Apparently, when I mount the Dam via another Webdav Client (native Windows "open network location" it works... is it possible to ask AEM Companion to skip those files ? Many Thanks

3 Replies

Level 2

Yes,I do...

And to analyse deeper the issue, I've revealed on my desktop the hidden/sym files to show the Thumbs.db file.

and trying to copy it by drag'n drop from desktop to the AEM mounted drive I've crashed the connection immediately.

using a Mac with AEM Companion looks safer, or Windows webdav client but in that case you can't use the AEM feature "Reveal on Desktop"

So the only good way is to use "AEM Companion" but skiping the "Thumbs.db" files..

If there any option in OSGI/Sling configuration to exclude "Thumbs.db" or any other ".DS_Store" than OS can produce ?

Level 10

I do not believe there is a setting that will let you do that. There looks like a bug here. I would file a ticket on this file type. This should not crash the system.