Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.

AEM component refresh issue after editing/updating content

Level 2

Hi Community members,

Greeting of the day, hope you all are doing well.

Recently we have removed a 3rd party UI framework in our Customer portal application which is running on the AEM 6.5.10. We replaced framework code with custom code(components, templates, sling-models).

After doing this change:

1. Any of the components are not refreshing after adding/updating the content from component properties and saving the properties dialog. After refreshing the whole page only the content is getting refreshed on the page.
  2.  It was working earlier with that  framework, and it also working in we-retail test application pages also.
  3.  I tried to add cq:editConfig -> cq:listeners nodes and REFRESH_SELF, REFRESH_PAGE, REFRESH_PARENT attributes also. But it is not working.
  4. I cross checked all the page component/template code with test site and framework code, but there is no clue.
  5. Could you please observe the below screen shots for more details, and suggest any solution

I thank you in advance.

-Mahabub Ali Mohammad.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Community Advisor

@mahabubali 

Usually an EditConfig should serve your purpose in this scenario. Are you getting any error in the browser console or even in the error log? Here is a sample of EditConfig just in case you want to cross check:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<jcr:root xmlns:cq="http://www.day.com/jcr/cq/1.0" xmlns:jcr="http://www.jcp.org/jcr/1.0"
    cq:dialogMode="floating"
    cq:disableTargeting="{Boolean}true"
    jcr:primaryType="cq:EditConfig">
    <cq:listeners
        jcr:primaryType="cq:EditListenersConfig"
        afterdelete="REFRESH_PAGE"
        afteredit="REFRESH_PAGE"
        afterinsert="REFRESH_PAGE"/>
</jcr:root>

Let me know your findings..

Level 2

Hi @A_H_M_Imrul , @Aditya_Chabuku  Thanks for your response.

I tried this by adding the cq:editConfig. But there is no luck. 

Also there are no JS errors on console. I tried it on fresh simple page. 

Are we need to add any configuration at site level/Page component level?

Could you please advise?

-Thanks. 

MMA

Community Advisor

Hi @mahabubali , 

Did you happen to see any JS errors in the console? May be page is not able to load because of those issues. 

Please also try the solution given by @A_H_M_Imrul  and check the console & error logs once again.

Let us know, if it works!

Thanks,

Aditya Chabuku

CA_Signature2.png

Thanks,

Aditya Chabuku