Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM Bundle Whitelisting

Level 5

Hi Experts,

We are using AEM 6.4.5 and working on a custom authentication handler. Eventually the handler will invoke TokenUtil, something like.

TokenUtil.createCredentials(request, response, this.repository, userId, true);

Internally TokenUtil does the following,

repository.loginAdministrative((String)null);

Meaning we need to whitelist the bundle.  However, Adobe has recommended that whitelisting is not a good idea and definitely  not advisable for production instances. I could see this question already asked for AEM6_3

I am not really certain if I should do the whitelisting or what is the way forward. Kindly advise.

Regards,

Jai

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

There were always a flaw in the design that was getting Admin session and using and it was also violating the principle of least privileges that is why adobe is recommending not to use admin session and not to whitelist the bundle that is using admin session from SlingRepository.loginAdministrative().

so Solution of this is only to go with Service User approach.

Details can be found here https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-64/administering/security/security-servic...

but still if you what to whitelist the bundle you can do with Apache Sling Login Admin whitelist config from config manager.

Hope this will help.

Umesh Thakur

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

There were always a flaw in the design that was getting Admin session and using and it was also violating the principle of least privileges that is why adobe is recommending not to use admin session and not to whitelist the bundle that is using admin session from SlingRepository.loginAdministrative().

so Solution of this is only to go with Service User approach.

Details can be found here https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-64/administering/security/security-servic...

but still if you what to whitelist the bundle you can do with Apache Sling Login Admin whitelist config from config manager.

Hope this will help.

Umesh Thakur

Employee Advisor

If that method is doing it internally, whitelist your application bundle. There is no other way to do it, except you avoid creating that method.