Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.

AEM Azure services Managed Identity - UAMI System MI

Level 10

Hi

I have a use case of connecting service bus via managed identity (Managed identity set up within Adobe tenant)

can anyone guide if UAMI or system assigned managed identity is used and what the process is to help establish this connection 

using keys with service bus atm and due to security reasons got to move to Managed identity (MI)

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 6

Hi @NitroHazeDev 

- Create/Assign the Managed Identity

- Assign Azure Role to the Managed Identity

- configure the service to use the Azure Managed Identity instead of the connection string (which uses keys) in AEM 
- Use the Azure SDK to Authenticate with Managed Identity

references:

Level 10

Hi

1. who creates managed identity - adobe ? Per Adobe in cross tenant other than secret being stored in Adobe tenant , there is no option (proxy is another but a long shot for something so simple )

2. The secret needs to be translated into token per adobe , token recognizable for the service principal 

have you implemented this ? Kindly let me know . Another use case I have is with sql server