Highlighted

AEM - Auto update Year in Copyright in the Footer

karanmahi

10-07-2019

In AEM content page, there is a footer which shows the copyright with “year”.  We want to auto-update copyright “Year”. Currently, we are authoring footer year in the authoring dialog. I know we can achieve on the client side, is there any way to achieve the same on the AEM server side?

Replies

Highlighted

Ravi_Pampana

MVP

10-07-2019

Hi,

In java side you can populate year as below and use that in the footer.html/.jsp

int year = Calendar.getInstance().get(Calendar.YEAR);

Note: This requires dispatcher cache to be cleared and top of any additional cdn cache your site may have to reflect the latest year

Hope this helps!

Highlighted

karanmahi

10-07-2019

I thought the same, but I am seeing two issues -

1. Currently, We are authoring the "Copyright © 2017 ARCT Corporation" in Rich Text editor, which I am displaying in HTML. Now, how to break this string and append year(from java class) as you mentioned because "year" is in-between the String, after "Copyright © "?

2. And how do we ensure that that author can author rest of the part in Rich text editor except year?

Highlighted

Jörg_Hoh

Employee

10-07-2019

In that case you need to redesign your page footer. You need to define clearly which part can be authored, and which part is managed / created / authored by AEM itself. At least that would be the cleanest way.

Do you maintain the page footer per page? Why don't you maintain it centrally -- once for all pages?