Expand my Community achievements bar.

AEM Assets 6.4 - Apply ACL's on tags applied to assets

Level 4

Hello Team,

I am trying to see if there is an option OOTB to restrict access to certain assets based on the tag that is applied to it.

I know that I can assign read/write.. etc permissions to folders in DAM and control user access to assets.

However I would like to see if I can achieve this by using tags.  Say there are 2 tags A & B, the content tagged to A should be visible to users who have view access to tag A. Users having access to  tag B only  should not see contents tagged to A.

Regards,

Anand MN

1 Reply

Level 4

Here Managing Metadata for Digital Assets  its mentioned

"Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) Assets keeps metadata for every asset. This allows for a easier categorization and organization of assets and it helps people who are looking for a specific asset. With the ability to extract metadata from files uploaded to AEM Assets, metadata management integrates with the creative workflow. With the ability to keep and manage arbitrary metadata with your assets, AEM Assets makes it possible to automatically organize and process assets based on their metadata. Finally AEM Assets end-user interface, the DAM Finder can be customized by site owners and developers to reflect the metadata you are using in your organization."

So Should I extend the DAM Finder  as mentioned here Extending Assets Search  to achieve this functionality.?

Thanks In Advance

Anand