Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM Archetype Update from version 22 to 47

Level 1

Currently we are on classic UI and my clientlibs and other structures are under the etc folder. We are using the static template. 

We have initiated project to the upgrade the AEM from classic to touch UI, clientlibs under the ui.frontend package. Along with to this, we also wanted to upgrade to the latest archetype i.e. 47.

When I tried to upgrade the archetype, I faced several issues related to jackrabit validation related issues belonging to the node location, node properties (Classic UI dialog related issues) etc.

Should I move the nodes, covert the dialog first then go back to upgrade the archetype?

Please suggest the sequence.

Thank You.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The Classic UI uses dialogs build using the ExtJS framework , where as Touch UI uses dialogs build using Coral UI.

It is recommended to convert the dialog first (you can use dialog-conversion tool) - it will handle most common uses cases (may not handle complex custom dialogs)

AEM no longer maintains the Classic UI

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The Classic UI uses dialogs build using the ExtJS framework , where as Touch UI uses dialogs build using Coral UI.

It is recommended to convert the dialog first (you can use dialog-conversion tool) - it will handle most common uses cases (may not handle complex custom dialogs)

AEM no longer maintains the Classic UI

Level 6

"Should I move the nodes, covert the dialog first then go back to upgrade the archetype?" - YES

As @SureshDhulipudi said, you can use dialog-conversion tool.
reference : https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/content/implementing/developing/devtoo...

Also I am hoping, as this is a major upgrade(from archetype 22 to 47), that you are using Adobe Modernization Tool Suite.
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/content/implementing/developing/devtoo...

These are supported by the Adobe Community and can help you a great deal in upgrading your project.