Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events
SOLVED

AEM Applying CSS and JS difficulty

Level 5

Ok so I've been following this series

Getting Started with AEM Sites Chapter 3 - Client-Side Libraries and Responsive Grid

and I can't get part 3 to work. after the clean install. nothing happens to my page.

I can see that my files were successfully install in crx but don't know why it's not working(affecting my page).

I'm still in the process of understanding how aem integrate it's css to it's page.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

I see!. Thanks!

it's a maven create clientlibs and it states nt:folder. Is there a way to edit this? cuz AEM Tutorials said the it's recommended to created a project from a maven architecture and it generates nt:folder clientlibs

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

You can check below link to understand ClientLibs(JS and CSS)

Using Client-Side Libraries

Arun Patidar

Level 5

Thanks for the response. now I'm stuck again with 1643814_pastedImage_0.png
as to

1643815_pastedImage_1.png

What is missing from the prev tutorial for css to work?

Level 5

the tutorial introduced another way which is processor. But what is the proper way to do it? the AEM way?

What I've understand so far.

UI.apps - goes in apps

UI.content - goes in conf.

Client libs holds the css/js files for neatness(but we can also do it the old fashion way.)

you need to add something in the node properties for it to connect.

But what is missing in the series tutorial that it's not working smacdonald2008

need your help Sir

Crap AEM is nightmare especially when tutorials are not working

Community Advisor

Can you check whether you are adding categories property to node having

jcr:primaryType

Name

cq:ClientLibraryFolder

You can refer to OOB clientlibs in AEM 6.4 /libs/clientlibs/granite/backbone and make changes similar to it

Screenshot of above mentioned folder

Screen Shot 2018-12-10 at 7.45.20 PM.png

Correct answer by
Level 5

I see!. Thanks!

it's a maven create clientlibs and it states nt:folder. Is there a way to edit this? cuz AEM Tutorials said the it's recommended to created a project from a maven architecture and it generates nt:folder clientlibs

Community Advisor

Hi,

Can you paste the command which you used to create maven project? I used archetype 11 and 12, I didn't see that issue.

Arun Patidar

Level 5

it creates it's sub folder as CQ:clientlibraryfolder

1643857_pastedImage_0.png

but following this guide

Getting Started with AEM Sites Chapter 3 - Client-Side Libraries and Responsive Grid

I wasn't able to apply css as stated.

Community Advisor

Hi,

I tried to create project using above and I can see the ClientLibs folder ClientLibs-base.

Screenshot 2018-12-11 at 4.56.49 PM.png

To get other clientlibs you need to install anther package

• The AEM project archetype creates /apps/clientlibs/clientlib-base automatically. The below zip includes the source for the additional client libraries:
    • clientlib-author
    • clientlib-dependencies
    • clientlib-site

• DOWNLOAD

Arun Patidar