Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM 6.5 JVM Options and Performance Tuneups

Level 1

We are going live to AEM 6.5.4 version in Production and want to check if below JVM options are correct for a production environment please suggest

CQ_JVM_OPTS='-server -Xms8192m -Xmx8192m -XX:MaxMetaspaceSize=1024m -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -XX:HeapDumpPath=/data/aem/heapdumps -Djava.io.tmpdir=/tmp -Djava.awt.headless=true'

And below as per adobe aem documentation here : https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/experience-manager-65/deploying/deploying/custom-standalone-i...

CQ_JVM_OPTS="${CQ_JVM_OPTS} -XX:+UseParallelGC --add-opens=java.desktop/com.sun.imageio.plugins.jpeg=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens=java.base/sun.net.www.protocol.jrt=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens=java.naming/javax.naming.spi=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens=java.xml/com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.dom=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens=java.base/java.lang=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens=java.base/jdk.internal.loader=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens=java.base/java.net=ALL-UNNAMED -Dnashorn.args=--no-deprecation-warning"

Also are there any performance tuneups recommendations for AEM 6.5 other than what is mentioned here https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/kb/performance-tuning-tips.html?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Personally I'd also add : 

-XX:+PrintGCApplicationStoppedTime -XX:+PrintGCDateStamps -XX:+PrintGCDetails -XX:+PrintGCTimeStamp

These will output Java garbage collection statistics to logs. 

Some of the most useful logs when things hit the fan.

Allows you to visualize the Java heap state across time.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee

Personally I'd also add : 

-XX:+PrintGCApplicationStoppedTime -XX:+PrintGCDateStamps -XX:+PrintGCDetails -XX:+PrintGCTimeStamp

These will output Java garbage collection statistics to logs. 

Some of the most useful logs when things hit the fan.

Allows you to visualize the Java heap state across time.