Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

(AEM 6.4 Maven archetype 13 project) error while including sling components

Level 3

Hi smacdonald2008,

I am getting following error while adding any sling model component.I am trying to add "hello world" here.May be it is very basic exception but I don't know why it is throwing .

1576056_pastedImage_0.png

11 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

Can you check if your bundle is active or not? did you modify the POM for sling models package

<configuration>

<instructions>

<!-- Import any version of javax.inject, to allow running on multiple versions of AEM -->

<Import-Package>javax.inject;version=0.0.0,*</Import-Package>

<Sling-Model-Packages>

AEMMaven13.core

</Sling-Model-Packages>

</instructions>

</configuration>

more info find at below:

Creating an Adobe Experience Manager 6.4 Project using Adobe Maven Archetype 13

Arun Patidar

Level 3

Hi Arun Patidar​,

It is default configuration path of "core" package whenever we create any new project.No need to add anything.

1576197_pastedImage_0.png

Community Advisor

Hi,

POM looks fine but your package name is in capital, make your package in lower case and build again.

e.g. AEMMaven13 to aemmaven13

Arun Patidar

Level 3

Yes first I also think of the same but there are so many projects on helpx which is having same group id with capital letter.

Community Advisor

Hi,

Its ok to have Project and Bundle name in caps but the java package name should be in lowercase

for example in above example, package name is com.aem.community.core but artifact name is AEMMaven13.core

try to create new package or update java package in lower case and check.

Java.png

Creating an Adobe Experience Manager 6.4 Project using Adobe Maven Archetype 13

• groupId - AEMMaven13
  • artifactId - AEMMaven13
  • version - 1.0-SNAPSHOT
  • package - com.aem.community

Arun Patidar

Level 10

This stuff should all work out of the box with no modification. You only need to update the POM as described in the article. See this video.

Level 10

IN all HELPX articles - packages are always lower case too. In addition - each one has been tested numerous times by various super users - like Ratna Kumar

Level 3

Arun Patidar sorry I forgot to reply .Yes you are right ! it is happening because of java package name should in lower case.

Level 10

Hi Prabhat,

Yes it works for me too as Scott shown in the video. I have tested HELPX articles numerous times. Below is the screenshot.

Maven13.PNG

Request you to follow HELPX article as is. This will work!!

Thanks,

Ratna Kumar.