Expand my Community achievements bar.

AEM 6.3 Touch UI | Multiple issues/gaps with Design Importer

Adobe Champion

Hi everyone,

I have been playing around with the design importer (Extending and Configuring the Design Importer for Landing Pages ) using Touch UI and I bumped into some issues, for I which I hope I can find answers here:

Macbook issue:

I realised that when using a macbook I always get an error (browser console shows a 500 error coming from server) when attempting to drag and drop my ZIP package into the page (with a windows laptop works fine). Is there a work-around or known fix for this?

Re-importing a design:

Say I have already imported a design in a page and renders OK, but then I decide to make a change in the markup. Currently I don't see any way to either remove the existing design or re-import a new one.

No dialog found:

In the Adobe documentation (see link on top) it's mentioned that you can "click the drop file zone to open up a file upload dialog box and upload your design using that dialog.". However I have encountered no such behavior.

I realise that there are ways to customize a bunch of OOTB components to work-around these issues, however I was wondering if I missed something or maybe there's an official Adobe hotfix package or other assistance regarding these topics.

If anyone has encountered and managed to tackle any of these issues it would be great if they could share such information.

Best regards,

Kimon

2 Replies

Level 10

These all look like bugs as opposed to settings community can point you to. I suggest opening a support ticket and report these shortcomings.

Adobe Champion

I just received feedback from Adobe, which can be summarized as follows:

• The current documentation is referring to Classic UI, causing quite a few misunderstandings. They will be reviewing the documentation content.
  • To upload a ZIP package without having to drag and drop the package via Touch UI, one can use the relevant selection in "page properties" menu. (Upload package)
  • To clear the uploaded ZIP package via Touch UI (e.g. to upload a new one), one can use the relevant selection in "page properties" menu. (Clear design)

For Mac users:

• For Macbook you need to have the hidden __MACOSX archive in the zip folder - otherwise you get an error on Zip import.
  • This is done via zipping the items in a Mac book, not Windows.