Expand my Community achievements bar.

AEM 6.3 SSL configuration using wizard not persistent

Level 2

I configured SSL for an AEM author instance using the following article as reference - Adobe Experience Manager Help | Using the SSL Wizard in AEM . Although I could configure SSL for the instance successfully(with the provided certificates), it had to be repeated when I restarted the instance.

How do I make it persistent ?
I understand there's another way to configure SSL ( as mentioned here ), but if changes made using the wizard are persistent then it would be great.

Please let me know if I'm missing something here.

5 Replies

Level 10

I am checking into this.  This does not sound correct - having to perform this configuration each time you start the instance sounds like a bug.

Level 10

Confirmed with internal people. This should not be occurring. Seems like a bug, Please open a support ticket so this can be fixed.

Level 1

I'm running into the same issue. Configured SSL on an AEM 6.3 author instance but it resets each time the server is restarted.

What was the result from the ticket you submitted? Was there a bug report?

Level 2

Please ensure that all configurations are correct.
Subsequently make sure that you've waited long enough for the SSL enabled version. On a server restart, the SSL configuration takes some time to kick in.

If the issue still persists, please raise a support ticket as suggested by smacdonald2008​.