Expand my Community achievements bar.

AEM 6.3: Setting 'rte-start' for a Touch UI Rich Text Editor (RTE) Toolbar

Level 1

Hi,

I'm relatively new to AEM and general web development and I'm hoping someone can help me with understanding what is written here in the Configure the Rich Text Editor support article.

I've been tasked with some component conversion from classic to Touch UI and I was trying to follow the advice in the above article in how to make the Rich Text Editor (RTE) toolbar be always visible in the Touch UI dialog box. Currently, the RTE toolbar only appears upon clicking on the textfield before you can start typing.

As you can see in the screenshot I've attached below, in CRXDE I've added and set both the useFixedInlineToolbar and customStart properties for the text node to true. However, I am a little confused on what to do with the rte-start that is mentioned after those two steps.

rte-start.png

Is the mentioned rte-start a property? If so, where does it go and what is its value? If it isn't, how do I go about configuring rte-start correctly?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

2 Replies

Level 10

This property is explained in this AEM DOC topic -- Configure the Rich Text Editor

Hope this helps...

Level 1

smacdonald2008 Sadly this doesn't help further my understanding as to what rte-start is and how to configure it, since the part referencing rte-start is exactly the same wording as in the topic I linked to at the beginning of my question and does not expand on the property.

Does anyone have an example of how rte-start is used to make the RTE toolbar permanently visible?