Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM 6.3 instance (taking 50 hrs to complete the drive backup)

Level 1

Currently, AEM 6.3 instance is around 3 TB, and it is taking more than 50 hrs to complete the drive backup.

In order to reduce the backup time, Will AEM's integrated backup tool i.e. "hot" or "online" be helpful. Is there any limitation of "hot" or "online" backup?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

do you mean limitation in terms of size? I am not aware of any, but I also never worked with such a large repo. Any way I would consider to backup the datastore (if you don't have a S3 datastore) separately to speedup the process.

For CQ 5.3 I wrote this article: CRX 2.1: Improved backup | Things on a content management system  and although you cannot apply the commands anymore, the basic idea is still the same.

Jörg

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

do you mean limitation in terms of size? I am not aware of any, but I also never worked with such a large repo. Any way I would consider to backup the datastore (if you don't have a S3 datastore) separately to speedup the process.

For CQ 5.3 I wrote this article: CRX 2.1: Improved backup | Things on a content management system  and although you cannot apply the commands anymore, the basic idea is still the same.

Jörg