Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

AEM 6.3 Classic UI issue in overlay functionality error “TypeError: CQ.security.data is undefined”

vijaym76986902
Level 2
Level 2

In AEM 6.3 classic UI, When i am trying to overlay

/libs/cq/security/widgets/source/widgets/security/data/AclStore.js to

/apps/cq/security/widgets/source/widgets/security/data/AclStore.js

the following error is coming TypeError: CQ.security.data is undefined CQ.security.data.UserAclStore = CQ.Ext.extend(CQ.security.data.AclStore,{

Like this we are getting error for all the overlay js has issue in AEM 6.3.

Screen Shot 2017-08-08 at 9.02.49 PM.png

1 Accepted Solution
vijaym76986902
Correct answer by
Level 2
Level 2

I have resolved the issue using the below logic. Clientlibs js file creation logic is differed in AEM 6.3.

In AEM 6.1 Clientlibs js creation is binding the overlaid files from /apps/cq/security/widgets/source/widgets/js.txt and non overlaid files from /libs/cq/security/widgets/source/widgets/js.txt

In AEM 6.3 Clientlibs js creation is binding files from /apps/cq/security/widgets/source/widgets/js.txt only.

Because of this non overlaid files (CQ.security.js) are not binding into clientlibs js(widgets.js) and its gives the below error

TypeError: CQ.security.data is undefined CQ.security.data.UserAclStore = CQ.Ext.extend(CQ.security.data.AclStore,{

So i have merged the js.txt of /libs/cq/security/widgets/source/widgets/js.txt into /apps/cq/security/widgets/source/widgets/js.txt and it's resolved the issue.

Please provide your answer if there is any other way to resolve this issue.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
rwinkle
Level 2
Level 2

So are you saying everything works fine in Classic when it's not overlaid, but you are getting the error when overlaying /apps/cq/security/widgets/source/widgets/security/data/AclStore.js without any modifications?

vijaym76986902
Correct answer by
Level 2
Level 2

I have resolved the issue using the below logic. Clientlibs js file creation logic is differed in AEM 6.3.

In AEM 6.1 Clientlibs js creation is binding the overlaid files from /apps/cq/security/widgets/source/widgets/js.txt and non overlaid files from /libs/cq/security/widgets/source/widgets/js.txt

In AEM 6.3 Clientlibs js creation is binding files from /apps/cq/security/widgets/source/widgets/js.txt only.

Because of this non overlaid files (CQ.security.js) are not binding into clientlibs js(widgets.js) and its gives the below error

TypeError: CQ.security.data is undefined CQ.security.data.UserAclStore = CQ.Ext.extend(CQ.security.data.AclStore,{

So i have merged the js.txt of /libs/cq/security/widgets/source/widgets/js.txt into /apps/cq/security/widgets/source/widgets/js.txt and it's resolved the issue.

Please provide your answer if there is any other way to resolve this issue.

View solution in original post

vijaym76986902
Level 2
Level 2

Yes. I have tried the above approach to resolve the issue.