Expand my Community achievements bar.

AEM 6.2 TouchUI Unable to interact with component in edit mode

Level 5

We are upgrading from AEM 5.6 to 6.2 and have come across a problem with the TouchUI. Content authors are unable to interact with components rendered HTML/js events when in edit mode. E.g. our carousel component will have a number of paragraph systems that components can be dragged into. Previously the author could rotate the carousel in edit mode by clicking on the arrows and add content into it. With the touchUI this does not seem to be possible as the touchUI overlays itself over the component. They would have to switch to preview mode, rotate it and then switch back to edit mode to add more content. 

Is there some config/workaround to allow a component to be interacted with while in edit mode.

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

Couple of questions here..

Is the the Touch UI dialog for this component is created manually or converted using the tool ??

Is everything works well in classic UI with the new AEM version ??

Can you attach some screenshot on the problem you are facing with your touch ui dialog xml which helps us to understand the problem better !

Also, are you seeing any error in the browser when you perfome any of these edit operation.

Thanks,

Lokesh

Administrator

Hi 

Apart from what Lokesh has asked, i would like to know few more things:

1. Please check the browser error and error.log when you try things in edit mode. It appears to me some CSS/JS conflict.

2. Can you share with us component ?

Note:- Preview mode is the mode where we can accept everything to work perfectly fine. Edit mode will not guaranty you page functionality. 

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni