Expand my Community achievements bar.

AEM 6.2 Replication of AEM Content Fragment fails

Level 3

I am noticing an interesting issue and am not sure if it's a bug or some configuration is missing. When selecting a folder in Assets and then select "Publish" from the context menu, no replication happens:

• Use the AEM Content Fragment tool to create a new folder (it's in the DAM) and a new content fragment.
  • Mouse of the folder and select "Publish" from the ... context menu.
  • The message says "Selected item(s) queued up for activation."

However, the content fragment never gets published!

• Replication agent is configured properly and testing connection is working properly.
  • I can select the AEM content fragment and then select "Publish" from the top menu bar, that works properly.
  • If I create a content package and then publish the content package, the new content fragment is successfully published.
  • If I use Tools/Deployment/Replication/Activate Tree and publish the folder containing the content fragment that works as well.

What I am noticing is that publishing a folder directly from the Asset console fails. There is nothing in the replication queue indicating that a replication even happened.

Has anybody noticed the same? Is this a known bug or am I missing something?

1 Reply

Level 3

Another observation:

• If the folder exists in Assets, replication of that folder does nothing
  • If the folder is new and has not been replicated yet, the replication process only replicates the folder, not it's content.

This is an indication that the "Publish" feature within the context menu of a folder in Assets has a bug, since the replication of a new folder actually works.