Expand my Community achievements bar.

AEM 6.2 | Exception during version purge: OakIntegrity0001: Unable to delete referenced node

Level 2

Hi guys,

I am running version purge using the OOTB tool at /etc/versioning/purge.html in AEM6.2.

I have defined a custom index for version storage. Even then the purge is really slow.

Secondly while doing so, I get an exception as below:

10.01.2018 11:27:57.498 *ERROR* [211.58.60.122 [1515583676773] POST /etc/versioning/purge.html HTTP/1.1] com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.VersionManagerImpl Unable to purge version 1.0 for /content/site/missing-page/jcr:content : OakIntegrity0001: Unable to delete referenced node

javax.jcr.ReferentialIntegrityException: OakIntegrity0001: Unable to delete referenced node

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.api.CommitFailedException.asRepositoryException(CommitFailedException.java:235)

The points to be noted:

• The page "missing-page" doesn't exist in AEM any more. It was deleted sometime in the past.
  • The version purge hasn't happened since over last 6 months
  • This is happening for a lot of versions
  • The same exception is thrown when Version Purge task is run from daily maintenance window at /libs/granite/operations/content/maintenanceWindow.html/mnt/overlay/granite/operations/config/maintenance/_granite_daily

The tool still continues to purge remaining versions. I am wondering how I can avoid this. The tool is unable to purge a lot of versions like this.

What should be the proper way to run version purge? Should I run compaction before version purge?

1 Reply

Level 10

We just spoke to Support - this is a issue - they recommended you log a ticket.