Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM 6.2 || Creating an asset outside AEM using jackrabbit-standalone

Level 2

Hi all,

I am in need of creating assets from outside AEM and I am connecting to the AEM through the jackrabbit-standalone.

I have no access to resolver or AssetManager. Hence please let me know on how to create the assets by the node structure programmatically.

If there any other ways to do also , please mention them.

Thanks,

Sindhu.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

You would be posting to an Author instance - not a prod instance. For this - you would need to build a custom tool that would read the Excel spreadsheet using Java (Excel Java API) and then post to AEM with the file and string values for the metadata.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

WHat is your use case here - you want an outside client to be able to create assets. What about Posting Assets to a Sling Servlet that uses AssetManager API.

Level 2

My use case is that the digital assets along with the metadata are present in the excel sheet and I have to migrate them into the AEM DAM. There are about tons of excel sheets which are to be migrated and hence if I post for every single asset / multiple assets in one go along with the metadata into AEM servlet , I would like to know whether it would cause any performance impact.

Correct answer by
Level 10

You would be posting to an Author instance - not a prod instance. For this - you would need to build a custom tool that would read the Excel spreadsheet using Java (Excel Java API) and then post to AEM with the file and string values for the metadata.