Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM 6.2 classic : Get list of fields in the component dialog which has a specific property set on it.

Level 8

Hi All,

Suppose, I have a component on the page. The sling:resourceType of this component is xyz/components/abc/SAMPLECOMPONENT.

Under xyz/components/abc/SAMPLECOMPONENT, there is xtype=dialog, under which multiple fields like textfield, textarea etc are present.

On some of the fields, there is a CUSTOM string property set.

In my model class, I need to find only such properties and do some manipulation on it.

Any thoughts/pointers/reference code on this will be helpful.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

you can do search using SQL2/Query Builder API and do manipulation using JCR Node API.

Query Builder API

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

Why do you want to access Dialog property in Sling Model. Sling Model is act when page is rendered and Dialog properties when dialog is open.

Can you explain little bit more to understand what exactly you want to do?

Arun Patidar

Level 8

Hi Arun,

Sorry for not being very clear.

Had a requirement, wherein once I read the properties set on the component, for certain dialog fields in the component, had to check for some "custom" property set under /apps/..../component/dialog.  Only if that property is there, had to do some manipulations on that.

For now, with componentContext.getEditContext().getComponent().getDialogPath() able to get something.

Working on it.

Will update this thread by today.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

you can do search using SQL2/Query Builder API and do manipulation using JCR Node API.

Query Builder API

Arun Patidar