Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM 6.2 - AccessControlException - Only root can store repository level policies

Level 2

Hi ,

I am trying to migrate the application from AEM 6.0 to AEM 6.2

When i try to manually deploy the package as admin, i am getting below  error.

"javax.jcr.security.AccessControlException: OakAccessControl0012: Only root can store repository level policies (/etc/workflow/models/abc).

I want this node abc to be access controlled and i have set ACL  for specific users

If I remove jcr:mixinTypes="[rep:AccessControllable,rep:RepoAccessControllable]" for the node /etc/workflow/models/abc, then try to deploy, I don't get this issue.

Has any one faced this issue before . Could some one suggest how solve it  or help me to understand why it's happening.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

Mixin node types usually specify additional properties or child nodes related to a capability being added to the node. These capabilities may include generic repository-level functions as in the case of the built-in mixins mix:versionable and mix:lockable

So while creating package you must select the merge or overwrite option in AC handling under the advanced tab.

1452677_pastedImage_0.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 8

Mixin node types usually specify additional properties or child nodes related to a capability being added to the node. These capabilities may include generic repository-level functions as in the case of the built-in mixins mix:versionable and mix:lockable

So while creating package you must select the merge or overwrite option in AC handling under the advanced tab.

1452677_pastedImage_0.png

Level 2

AC handling in Advance tab is set to overwrite ,yet i am still seeing the oak error .

i had to remove the mixin types to get the package installed with out error . Is this an issue with AEM 6.2