Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM 6.1 - Size based log rotation is not maintaining more than 21 files on server.

Level 2

I found one post(Log rotation based on size is maintaining 21 previous copies ) regarding the same issue but  - I don't have server folder exists in crx-quickstart. So not sure where I can check log4j.xml to update.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

This should be a bug in Apache Sling logger module. I tested it quickly and even if you set 50 as the 'org.apache.sling.commons.log.file.number' property, It still rotates over 21 logs + the current error.log

I'd say open a case with Adobe to get more clarity on this.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

Do you see the folder where logs are stored?

Level 2

Yes Scott logs folder is under crx-quickstart only and all the logs are stored there.

Level 2

Hi Scott - My problem is not that log file is not rotating. It's rotating correctly but since I have chosen rotation based on size and wanted 50 number of files to be created. But after 21 files it stops creating the new and kicking out the old one.

Correct answer by
Employee

This should be a bug in Apache Sling logger module. I tested it quickly and even if you set 50 as the 'org.apache.sling.commons.log.file.number' property, It still rotates over 21 logs + the current error.log

I'd say open a case with Adobe to get more clarity on this.