Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

AEM 6.1 : DAM - Prevent adding of some asset format

Level 2

Hi, 

Is there anyway to prevent assets which match a format to be added in the DAM on AEM 6.1? 

For example, can I say that no one can put videos in the DAM ?

Thanks,

Grégory

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I don't know whether there is any OOTB configuration to limit the file types. But there is a community article for restricting the upload based on size of the file - http://experience-aem.blogspot.com/2014/12/aem-6-sp1-classic-ui-restrict-large-or-small-files-upload.... You can customize it and add your logic of checking the file types. You can either just check the file extensions in the javascript or invoke a backend servlet to check the file headers for the mime types. Also, this is limited to Classic UI only. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I don't know whether there is any OOTB configuration to limit the file types. But there is a community article for restricting the upload based on size of the file - http://experience-aem.blogspot.com/2014/12/aem-6-sp1-classic-ui-restrict-large-or-small-files-upload.... You can customize it and add your logic of checking the file types. You can either just check the file extensions in the javascript or invoke a backend servlet to check the file headers for the mime types. Also, this is limited to Classic UI only. 

Level 4

The best approach i would say is having a workflow launcher. Workflow launchers will give you the ability to that easily.

Level 2

Thanks Kunal, I think your proposal can do what I'm looking for. 

tc94524330, thanks for you answer but if I had a workflow launcher, this means the asset is already in the DAM so this is not an option.