Expand my Community achievements bar.

AEM 6.1 Communities Blog could not be extended for customization

Level 1
 We are trying to extend communities blog using extension approach as per adobe documentation in below reference URL.
https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-1/develop/communities/scf/client-customize.html
We are found the communities blog is behaving inconsistantly and having issues. We tried on extend it on geometric package and no custom code. Below are few on major issues
  1. On creation of new blog using extended blog , the blog gets DELETED the moment we refresh the page OR we go to the other tab(draft or scheduled). When debugged using developer tools,
it shows that the POST call(social.blog.json) does not contain blog data (title and message) and hence upon refresh the GET call can’t fetch it.
If you see the response of these POST and GET calls, the value of totalSize attribute in the JSON is 0(zero).
  1. Due to adobe issue no blog gets displayed in publish , draft or scheduled state after creation.The above issue does not occur if we just use OOTB blog to create a new blog.
  2. documentation for steps for customization while extending a blog need to be revisited. There are lot of steps which are not document which are necessary for using extended blog

such as the Entry Resource Type should be pointed to the extended component and shouldn’t leave it empty. It we leave it empty, it always assumes OOTB component
social/journal/components/hbs/entry_topic

we used the hot fixes and referred the documentation as well

Product Details
AEM version : 6.1
Hot fixes applied

1. cq-6.1.0-hotfix-6680-1.4
  2. cq-6.1.0-hotfix-6640-1.2
1 Reply

Level 2

I agree with this 100%.

I'm actually stuck on that issue of the Entry Resource Type. For clarification, where do you apply this property so that I can point it to my custom entry_topic component so that it doesn't point to the OOTB component?