Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM 5.6.1 Sidekick Components Caching Issue

Level 4

Related: http://help-forums.adobe.com/content/adobeforums/en/experience-manager-forum/adobe-experience-manage...

I am facing the same problem as described above.  When we update the project that persists the "allowedChildren" for a parsys on a page, the sidekick often fails to update.  We've had an ongoing issue with content managers in the UK (headquarters and author environments in North America) seeing a component list that has been outdated since January.

It sounds like this is a known problem, surely Adobe has a solution to this.  Requiring all content managers to clear their browser cache is not a viable solution.  Is there a patch or documented solution to this?  Must we submit a DayCare ticket?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

DayCare has provided an interim workaround:

Update the cq:lastModifed on the design's jcr:content node.  This property is used as the Last-Modified header on the response for /etc/designs/default/_jcr_content.1429866000000.json/.  

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 4

Steps to reproduce:

1) Open a page for WCM authoring.
2) Set a design on the page (optional; can leave blank for default).
3) Take note of the components in the sidekick.
4) Navigate to the design in CRXDE-lite and modify the 'components' property to add, remove, or change the permitted components; be sure to save.
[http://localhost:4502/crx/de/index.jsp#/etc/designs/default/jcr%3Acontent/<page component name>/<parsys node name>] (could also curl Sling or build and install a package that includes that design).
5) Refresh the page from step #1 and observe that the sidekick's component list is unchanged.
6) If you clear or disable the browser cache, you should see the sidekick updated to the correct component list.

In the case of our UK content managers, #6 does not seem to resolve the issue. We believe a network proxy has cached the outdated and invalid component list.

DayCare issue created: #70967

Level 8

I don't have a fix for your problem, but Day Care is a good way to go.  It sounds like it's a production issue that's affecting your authors, so submit a ticket under the highest priority and work with Day Care to resolve your issue.  I've always found them to be extremely helpful.

Correct answer by
Level 4

DayCare has provided an interim workaround:

Update the cq:lastModifed on the design's jcr:content node.  This property is used as the Last-Modified header on the response for /etc/designs/default/_jcr_content.1429866000000.json/.