Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM 5.6.1 install pub instance to weblogic - error SHA-256 digest error for WEB-INF/web.xml

Level 2

Task is to Install AEM 5.6.1 to weblogic application server following instructions here:
http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/getting_started/download_and_startworking.html

The problem is updating the web.xml inside the AEM quickstart war file (using AEM war file version for application server install). The war downloaded from adobe LWS unmodifed works, installs to weblogic, and starts up in author mode.

However, I make these changes from instructions to configure publish instance and then repack war file:

•run mode : configure the sling.run.modes parameter in the WEB-INF/web.xml file of the AEM war file before deployment
•sling.home: configure the sling.home parameter in the WEB-INF/web.xml file of the AEM war file before deployment

•context root: rename the AEM war file

After that publish install to weblogic 10.3.6 fails with below error:

Unable to access the selected application.
Message icon - Error Exception in AppMerge flows' progression
Message icon - Error Exception in AppMerge flows' progression
Message icon - Error SHA-256 digest error for WEB-INF/web.xml
Message icon - Error SHA-256 digest error for WEB-INF/web.xml

I have tried to update web.xml and repackage war file several ways, but all result in this error.

How do I update web.xml config for publish instance inside war file, and then repack war for install to weblogic? Apparently the web.xml requires sigining or matching jars or something? There must be a proper way to repackage the war file after updating the web.xml?

I have tried java jar command, winzip, and eclipse project to export war / create new war file after updating web.xml. All approaches fail with the same error.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

The one from lws is signed & is expected.   Can you please file a two daycare ticket 

1)   To get the signed/unsigned publish war file

2)    Second to have lws with signed publish war file. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

The one from lws is signed & is expected.   Can you please file a two daycare ticket 

1)   To get the signed/unsigned publish war file

2)    Second to have lws with signed publish war file. 

Level 1

Just wondering if you have found a solution to this or not. I was also facing the same issue and here is one of the workaround which worked for me:

The WAR has a MANIFEST.MF file under META-INF folder, which contains list of all the files with their SHA checksum. If you try to modify any file (like in your case web.xml), you application server will not deploy the war as one of the file has changed and its checksum does not match in MANIFEST.MF. This is the reason why the war gets installed without any modification.

If you simply delete MANIFEST.MF from the war file, weblogic will deploy it without any issue. Hope this helps.

Just wondering, if you were able to run both pub and auth wars in a same weblogic server. Please let me know.

-Sujan