Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM 5.6.1 - Asset Tagging Queries

Level 10

Few Questions on tagging,

1. Is there a way to have mandatory tags? , i.e, when an asset is uploaded is there a way that either a) a mandatory tag should be associated to the asset or b) when the user             chooses tag for an asset from list of available tags, highlight the mandatory tag?

2. Is there any limit to the depth the tags can be nested?

3. I understand that an asset can be associated with multiple tags at a time, is it possible that when a user selects tags he is allowed to select either one,

eg: below, is it possible to have user select Tag A , (optional) but mandatory to select either tag B or tag C and if tag B is selected , mandatory to select Tag t2

\Main Tag
     \Tag A

\Tag B

\Tag t1
           \Tag t2
           \Tag t3
    \Tag C
    \Tag D

4. Is there a way to have the "Creator" tag prefilled by user who logged in or uploaded the image, once the image is uploaded?

Really appreciate help and suggestions here.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

1) a)  Since you have list ready, create a workflow step & map the tags accordingly.

3) Use the validate & other methods available. Please refer

http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/widgets-api/index.html?class=CQ.tagging.TagInputField

4)   Use a filter to fill the tree as per user login info.   Or setting the acl for tag should also work.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

1,3,4 requires custom implementation. 

For depth how much tag you are planning? Challange would be authors to select those tag & activation will be slow. 

Level 10

Sham HC wrote...

1,3,4 requires custom implementation. 

For depth how much tag you are planning? Challange would be authors to select those tag & activation will be slow. 

Thank you Sham, could you please give me some knowledge on Custom Implementation. Does it mean extending OOTB functionality and overriding AEM tag related code, or is it wholly new custom implementation from scratch? I am new to this feature , appreciate your kind help here please.

Correct answer by
Level 10

1) a)  Since you have list ready, create a workflow step & map the tags accordingly.

http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/widgets-api/index.html?class=CQ.tagging.TagInputField

4)   Use a filter to fill the tree as per user login info.   Or setting the acl for tag should also work.

Level 10

Sham HC wrote...

Point 3) I am looking to have the implementation on the pop up that comes upfront in damadmin, on selecting tags for an image, do you think the solution you've presented helps here? Please let me know.

I am looking at Points 1 &4, will evaluate and update on progress