Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adobe Search Capabilities

Level 3

Hi,

We are planning to migrate a part of the whole site into AEM and assess the abilities to use Adobe's Search. Below are the questions I'm looking to get answered:

1. Does Adobe Search have the capability to use Metadata and Predictive search capabilities?
  2. Since the whole site won't be in AEM, Can it do a site-wide search outside of AEM too?
  3. Considering the whole site migrated to AEM, can it provide all these feasibilities of Metadata and Predictive search capabilities?

Thanks in advance!!

-Manasa

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Answer: No, aem can not search outside of the AEM. In this case you can use third-party tools and search platform like scrapy to scrap the non aem data and put it on covio, meilisearch, typesense etc. 

Thank you for mentioning us @kaikubad ! Undoubtedly, Coveo is able to index content within AEM (Sites, Assets) and fetch content from other WCM or even Learning Management Systems, Support Knowledge Base, Product Catalogues, and more to unify all content under one roof. If you need, you can then extend your search to recommendations and analytics.

Here is how to start with Coveo for Adobe or reach us directly, @manasabojja7 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 6

Hi @manasabojja7 ,

Here is your answers:

1. Does Adobe Search have the capability to use Metadata and Predictive search capabilities?
    1. Answer: Yes.
  2. ince the whole site won't be in AEM, Can it do a site-wide search outside of AEM too?
    1. Answer: No, aem can not search outside of the AEM. In this case you can use third-party tools and search platform like scrapy to scrap the non aem data and put it on Coveo, meilisearch, typesense etc. Then you can  search it from aem using api.
  3. Considering the whole site migrated to AEM, can it provide all these feasibilities of Metadata and Predictive search capabilities?
    1. Answer: No, but if you follow the the way I mentioned in number 2, that can be a way.

Correct answer by
Level 2

Answer: No, aem can not search outside of the AEM. In this case you can use third-party tools and search platform like scrapy to scrap the non aem data and put it on covio, meilisearch, typesense etc. 

Thank you for mentioning us @kaikubad ! Undoubtedly, Coveo is able to index content within AEM (Sites, Assets) and fetch content from other WCM or even Learning Management Systems, Support Knowledge Base, Product Catalogues, and more to unify all content under one roof. If you need, you can then extend your search to recommendations and analytics.

Here is how to start with Coveo for Adobe or reach us directly, @manasabojja7 

Level 1

@manasabojja7 If you want to crawl external non-AEM sites, another option is to use SearchBlox Web Collection along with the AEM Collection Crawler

For predictive search, I suggest looking at SmartSuggest