Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adobe I/O API Call Access Denied

Level 2

I am trying to trigger the pipeline which is created at Cloud Manager through Adobe I/O api. I have followed below steps

1. Created Integration at developer Console for Cloud Manager API.

2. Generated the public key at cloud manager and downloaded the private key at local.

3. Installed the aio cli plugin to connect.

4. run the below command through terminal

aio cloudmanager:program:list-pipelines -p <program-id>       --- This give me list of pipeline.

when i trying to trigger the pipeline using below command it gives me Access Denied error

aio cloudmanager:pipeline:create-execution <pipeline-id> -p <program-id>

Error :::

starting execution... [CloudManagerSDK:ERROR_PIPELINE_START] Cannot create execution: https://cloudmanager.adobe.io/api/program/<program-id>/pipeline/<pipeline-id>/execution (403 Forbidden) - Access Denied(s): Access is denied

Note : <program-id> and <pipeline-id> has the real value.

Please help to resolve the issue.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hello @punit-khatri

Since you're getting "Access Denied" (403 Forbidden) error, it implies there are not enough permissions to execute a pipeline in the Cloud Manager API. You probably just have "Developer" profile added in the API so you're able to fetch the pipelines. Though for the pipeline execution, you need to add at least "Deployment Manager" profile (other profiles are "Release Manager" & "Program Manager").

You can go to the Cloud Manager API in the developer console and under the API, there would be an option to Edit / Add Profiles. If you do not see those profiles listed (means you cannot execute the pipeline from the UI as well), your org admin would be able to add you to relevant profiles OR the integration has to be created by someone entitled to that profile and share the private key with you to set it up in your AIO cloud manager CLI plugin.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hello @punit-khatri

Since you're getting "Access Denied" (403 Forbidden) error, it implies there are not enough permissions to execute a pipeline in the Cloud Manager API. You probably just have "Developer" profile added in the API so you're able to fetch the pipelines. Though for the pipeline execution, you need to add at least "Deployment Manager" profile (other profiles are "Release Manager" & "Program Manager").

You can go to the Cloud Manager API in the developer console and under the API, there would be an option to Edit / Add Profiles. If you do not see those profiles listed (means you cannot execute the pipeline from the UI as well), your org admin would be able to add you to relevant profiles OR the integration has to be created by someone entitled to that profile and share the private key with you to set it up in your AIO cloud manager CLI plugin.

Level 2
Thanks for answering question. I have entitled the "Developer", "Deployment Manager", "Program Manager" and "Business Owner" role and same product profile I have chosen. I can trigger the pipeline from Cloud Manager UI. But when I am trying to trigger using aio cli then access denied. Please help.

Employee Advisor
@punit-khatri - Did you also select all these profiles in the CLoud Manager API integration? Sharing the screenshot would help.

Level 2

Hi Shell Goel,

we have created one parent product profile "AEM Managed Services - changi-airport-cloudmanager" and under this add the below mentioned roles. and i have entitled to this profile.

"Developer", "Deployment Manager", "Program Manager" and "Business Owner" role. same screenshot attached below

Role.jpeg

same product profile I have chosen. screenshot attached below.

Product Profile.jpeg

Let me know if any more info required. 

Thanks

Punit

Employee Advisor
@punitk81275354 Looks like you've created a profile with same name as the product but this profile is different & does not contain "Deployment Manager" priviledges. Please go to "Deployment Manager" profile in admin console > Integrations > Add the AIO Cloud Manger Product. Once the integratin is added, you would be able to see this profile under "Edit Profiles" in Cloud Manager API. Select it and you CLI execution should work.

Level 2
Thanks for your help.. I don't have administrator access so i can't do. I will ask and try the same thing as you suggested. Will post if it helps. Thanks again.