Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Developers Live, May 2023 | Author Anything with Universal Editor

Administrator

Adobe Developer Live October 2023

Session Details

Key Value: This session focuses on our new in-context page editor: Universal Editor. You will understand how your own existing headless apps can easily instrument Universal Editor to bring low-friction in-context editing to the fingertip of your authors. Content: The Universal Editor is the next generation of our in-context page editor and evolution of our Page Editor or SPA Editor. It is independent of frameworks, rendering engines, and data sources, thus providing all the freedom to make it truly universal. It only requires a rendered HTML with the required instrumentation, but allows the implementation to still be fully decoupled from AEM. In this session, you'll learn about the new Universal Editor, currently available features, and see a demo showcasing how a simple app is editable with the Universal Editor.

Session Recording

Session Schedule

23rd May, 2023 | 10:30-11:15 PST OR 18:30-19:15 UTC OR 19:30-20:15 CET

Speaker(s)

Artur Kudlacz, Sr. Software Developer Engineer, Adobe & Sharanya Vinod, Software Development Engineer, Adobe

Moderator(s)

Adobe

Service(s)

Headless

Full Schedule

Check Here

Q&A

Please use this thread to ask the question related to this Session.

Don't forget to register yourself for this session using the registration link shared above. 

Kautuk Sahni
2 Replies

Level 1

Hello, this looks great! Wondering where we can get access to those final links referenced at the end of the presentation (Demo, additional documentation)?

Thanks! 

Level 2

This looks promising and addresses the challenge of seamlessly editing headless content.

I do have a question regarding the storage of content within AEM. Specifically, I'm curious about how the Universal Editor handles content storage. For instance, I have content fragments that are exported to our PWA website using GraphQL. I'm interested in editing pages without the need to edit each content fragment separately. Assuming the Universal Editor supports such requirements, does it modify the existing content fragment and publish it, or does it store the edited content in a separate persistence location?