Expand my Community achievements bar.

ADobe AEM 6.1 - Unable to edit the Text and Text/Image component in out-of-box Geometrixe page

Level 2

Hi 

In AEM 6.1, I am trying the edit the text and text/image component in out-of-box Geometrixx page. No dialog is popping up.

I tried to drag & drop the Text component from General group from Side kick. No luck. Getting dropped successfully, but unable to edit.

Please provide me a solution if there is any specific hotfix is there for it.

3 Replies

Level 10

This is not a reported issue. I can open a Geometrixx page and drop and edit components without issue: 

Edit the test component

THen the value gets entered successfully: 

Try a fresh install of CQ on a DEV box. 

Level 10

If you cannot do this - lets setup a connect session so i can see it - you may have a bug somewhere. Anyhow - try a fresh CQ instance. 

Administrator

Hi 

Please check the error.log and browser console logs to further debug this issue. 

I myself also not able to reproduce this behavior. As mentioned by Scott, try it on fresh instance.

[Workaround] Use the edit bar

Link:- https://adobeaemtherightway.wordpress.com/2014/05/27/usability-tip-use-edit-bars-instead-of-roll-ove...

//

To add the edit bar to your component, create an cq:editConfig node of type cq:EditConfig under the component. This link shows the various properties to add to the component.  Adding cq:actions to the properties allows functionality to move the component around the page.

The table below from the CQ documentation shows the different options for the edit bar.

Property ValueDescription
text:<some text>Displays the static text value <some text>
Adds a spacer
editAdds a button to edit the component
deleteAdds a button to delete the component
insertAdds a button to insert a new component before the current one
copymoveAdds a button to copy and cut the component

Here are some typical properties to allow editing, moving, and deleting the component from the page. You must have insert selected if you want to move the component around the page and replace it between two components.

CRXDE_Lite_-_2014-05-27_14.32.13

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni