Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Adding Closed User Group 6.4

Level 2

Hi,

When attempting to add a closed user group to page properties, the touch UI page is missing options at top. I am unable to do anything on this tab. I am logged in as admin.  I have tried clearing browser cache and have also tried different browsers (Chrome, Safari and Firefox).  Also updated to 6.4 SP2 - with no luck. On advanced tab, "authentication requirement" is enabled and I have a login page specified.  Any ideas?

aem-screenshot.jpg

5 Replies

Level 10

I cannot reproduce this. I am seeing the CUG under the permissions tab with no issues.

CUG.png

Any log message or browser error message?

Level 2

Nothing in error log or browser console.  I noticed, however, that if I select a page from the we.retail site, the CUG options do appear within the UI.  So it's something specific to my site, perhaps a configuration setting.  I will keep digging and will post solution if I find one.

In the meantime, can you suggest a work around - maybe classic UI?  I have never used it, so any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks for your help

Level 10

See if you can access this within the Classic UI - this is a good approach to try.

Community Advisor

Hi,

I can see if you have  jcr:readAccessControl privilege then only you can see CUG options otherwise you can't but as you said you logged in as admin, so permission not an issue here.

For classic UI you can check Creating a Closed User Group

Though I tried but it showing me below:

Screenshot 2018-10-18 at 11.04.21 PM.pngScreenshot 2018-10-18 at 11.08.47 PM.png

Arun Patidar

Level 2

Hi all,

I ran into the same problem a couple of days ago: missing CUG-related buttons, Permissions tab, Page Properties dialog of my custom template page, unlike We.Retail where buttons are ok.  This, on AEM 6.3.2.1.

When comparing the /apps source of both We.Retail and my project in Chrome console, I noticed We.Retail loaded a javascript file I was missing: editor.js, whose job is to show/hide the CUG buttons.  See screenshot.

weretail-js-clientlib-file.png

Including core.wcm.components.page.v1.editor as clientlib dependency on your custom page template clientlibs should be enough to have the CUG-related buttons displayed.  I didn't dig into where exactlly this clientlib dependency is loaded in We.Retail, but it worked on my custom project page.

Cheers,