Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adding Additional Languages to Community Site

Level 2

How are additional languages added to a Community Site that aren't in the dropdown upon the initial site creation?

Also, how would you create a community site or community site structure for US Spanish vs Spain Spanish vs Mexico Spanish for AEM Communities?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

kevins38507913​ - I don't think, it's officially supported but you can try adding the new language node at /etc/social/config/languageOpts/languageMapping(refer other language nodes on how to create one). That being said, even if this works, I see a practical roadblock in the actual functionality - AEM Internationalization may not contain translations for site's navigation strings as well the OOTB strings used in communities site for the new language(It's important to make sure that semantic meaning is preserved).

So, if you really need to add a new language, I would recommend opening a daycare ticket, to check if your language is supported by AEM internationalization or if it can be added.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee

kevins38507913​ - I don't think, it's officially supported but you can try adding the new language node at /etc/social/config/languageOpts/languageMapping(refer other language nodes on how to create one). That being said, even if this works, I see a practical roadblock in the actual functionality - AEM Internationalization may not contain translations for site's navigation strings as well the OOTB strings used in communities site for the new language(It's important to make sure that semantic meaning is preserved).

So, if you really need to add a new language, I would recommend opening a daycare ticket, to check if your language is supported by AEM internationalization or if it can be added.