Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Activation to Publish Server

Level 7

Hi,

The idea is that when we activate pages/assets, they will be published and are available in Publish Server.

But when we install Publish for the first time, how would it have some pages/assets already?

Appreciate your responses.

Thanks,

Rama.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Rama,

if you install an AEM instance with nosamplecontent, as you say, it will have no content.

I would have expected in earlier environments, your team would create some content to form the basis of your site, or you have content authors working to create the site. In which case, you can activate this base site to your new publish instance or deploy it via a package.

Remember you need to do deploy your codebase first and then your content(pages, assets).

Regards,

Opkar

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Rama,

if you install an AEM instance with nosamplecontent, as you say, it will have no content.

I would have expected in earlier environments, your team would create some content to form the basis of your site, or you have content authors working to create the site. In which case, you can activate this base site to your new publish instance or deploy it via a package.

Remember you need to do deploy your codebase first and then your content(pages, assets).

Regards,

Opkar

Level 7

Hi Opkar,

That is perfectly logical.

Your reasoning is very helpful.

Thanks a lot.

Rama.