Expand my Community achievements bar.

Activation for workflow packages fails

Level 2

Create a simple workflow with Activate Page/Asset Process: Step properties(Under WCM Workflow category).  Attached a screenshot

Task1:
Run it on anything under /content -> works fine

Task2:
Runs it on any zip under /etc/packages/my_packages -> it fails

Below is the exception:
com.adobe.granite.workflow.WorkflowException: Process execution resulted in an error
at com.adobe.granite.workflow.core.job.HandlerBase.executeProcess(HandlerBase.java:199)
at com.adobe.granite.workflow.core.job.JobHandler.process(JobHandler.java:244)
at org.apache.sling.event.impl.jobs.JobConsumerManager$JobConsumerWrapper.process(JobConsumerManager.java:500)
at org.apache.sling.event.impl.jobs.queues.JobQueueImpl.startJob(JobQueueImpl.java:291)
at org.apache.sling.event.impl.jobs.queues.JobQueueImpl.access$100(JobQueueImpl.java:58)
at org.apache.sling.event.impl.jobs.queues.JobQueueImpl$1.run(JobQueueImpl.java:227)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: com.adobe.granite.workflow.WorkflowException: Failed to execute process
at com.day.cq.workflow.compatibility.CQWorkflowProcessRunner.execute(CQWorkflowProcessRunner.java:108)
at com.adobe.granite.workflow.core.job.HandlerBase.executeProcess(HandlerBase.java:189)
... 8 more
Caused by: com.day.cq.workflow.WorkflowException: javax.jcr.PathNotFoundException: /etc/packages/my_packages/grouptest.zip
at com.day.cq.wcm.workflow.process.ReplicatePageProcess.execute(ReplicatePageProcess.java:201)
at com.day.cq.workflow.compatibility.CQWorkflowProcessRunner.execute(CQWorkflowProcessRunner.java:93)
... 9 more
Caused by: javax.jcr.PathNotFoundException: /etc/packages/my_packages/grouptest.zip
at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.jcr.session.SessionImpl.getItem(SessionImpl.java:361)
at com.day.cq.wcm.workflow.process.ReplicatePageProcess.execute(ReplicatePageProcess.java:171)
... 10 more

I even tried with a fresh instance.

1) Created a package of /content/geometrixx
2) Created a workflowflow which has Activate Page/Asset Process: Step properties(Under WCM Workflow category). As attached in the above screenshot.
3) Ran the workflow on the package.
4) Got the exception, javax.jcr.PathNotFoundException:

3 Replies

Level 1

We had the same issue.  I opened a ticket with Daycare and they provided a fix.  For anyone else who comes across this, the solution:

the device-identification-service user didn't have read access on the /etc/workflow/packages node.

I granted the access and the workflow runs successfully.

I've raised a bug with Engineering on this under NPR-18014.

Level 1

I can't find device-identification-service user but I can find workflow-user and worflow-administrator

Level 1

I am also facing this issue with aem 6.5. Could you share how you resolved it?