Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Activate a page having different path

Level 6

I have a page in author /content/temp/page.html

In publish the path is /content/page.html

Is it possible to activate /content/temp/page.html from author to /content/page.html in publish ?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Selva,

As @Scott and @Opkar mentioned you, path of a page in a publish will be same as the path in the author. If you need to make any performance testing, you can do it on the same path in AEM Publish of a non-production instance. 

If you can tell us your actual use case, we can try to give you a better solution to achieve the same.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Employee

What is the reason for this change?

Usually the path is the same on the author and publish instances, and you use rewrite rules to change the path for the end user when accessing the publish instance.

Regards,

Opkar

Level 10

this does not look like good practice at all - as Opkar points out - use rewrite rules to change the URL.

Level 6

I am using launches to make modifications in content of a page. Before promoting to the main page I want to test it in publish AEM where all the integration happens. also performance testing.

Employee

Hi,

Is it possible to have a separate environment to carry out performance/load testing. Ideally you want to test to the point of bringing your system down. 

Or are your integrations only available in your production environment?

Regards,

Opkar 

Level 6

The integration happens in publish AEM based on specific project. And we have dispatcher configured in front of publish for performance testing

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Selva,

As @Scott and @Opkar mentioned you, path of a page in a publish will be same as the path in the author. If you need to make any performance testing, you can do it on the same path in AEM Publish of a non-production instance. 

If you can tell us your actual use case, we can try to give you a better solution to achieve the same.

Level 6

we are using single author and multiple publish aem(publish aem servers based on different project). Using launches to configure different content for different project ; activating the launch page to respective publish aem before merging to main page , without affecting other launches and main page. After the testing , launch page is approved in publish aem; the launch page will be merged to main page in author.

Former Community Member

Even we have one requirement similar to this. In author for some security reasons multiple content structures are created with a top level folder. we need to remove this folder when content gets publishes. I know that this is not the best way but this would be possible if we override the content builder.

Level 10

Replication does not work this way - it works by publishing content from author to publisher in same node:

https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/cq/5-6-1/deploying/replication.html